Project Engineer / HV Senior Authorised Person (SAP)
Energi- og vannforsyning
We have an exciting opportunity to join Statkraft UK in Operations & Maintenance. The candidate will be part of our experienced Technical Department located at Rheidol Power Station, Aberystwyth, Wales and will report to James Cooke, Technical Manager Power Generation. The department operates across all the UK and the opportunity to work from one of our other UK office locations may be possible for the right candidate. The department is responsible for the High Voltage Assets and Grid Stability sites aiding in technical aspects of daily operations and projects.
If you’re an experienced Project Engineer / HV Senior Authorised Person with knowledge of/ experience in Power Generation, you can start a career that helps to solve the climate crisis, with Statkraft. The purpose of the position is to support the UK locations in all technical aspects of daily operations and projects to include Senior Authorised Person (SAP) responsible for Safety from the system on all aspects of the our HV systems. Realise the potential of renewable energy. Make a positive impact on our planet.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
From helping to run advanced renewable power plants, developing the technologies that power EV charging infrastructures, to supporting our business solutions and corporate functions. With Statkraft, you’ll be working and collaborating alongside other technology and digital experts to innovate, maintain and provide the world with renewable energy.
As Project Engineer / HV SAP in the the Technical Department, your role will include:
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) 132kV and above
- To fulfil the role of Control Person for some of our UK Assets
- Support with the delivery of projects
- Follow up on execution of planned and corrective maintenance tasks
- Manage the performance of contractor work onsite
- Project Engineering and Project Management
- Support sites on compliance with UK regulations and legislation
We look for experienced Project engineer / HV SAP with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes the flexibility for regular UK travel and knowledge in:
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- A good understanding of O&M works processes
- Have a high standard of HSE awareness
- Proficient in:
- Power generation
- Transmission networks
- Electrical Testing/Analysis
- MS Office Applications
Experiences in these areas are also useful in your role:
- Relevant experience from within the energy sector
- Experience of working on HV networks. Previous HV authorisations an advantage
English language fluency is a necessity – other languages an advantage.
At Statkraft, we’re always looking for people with great social and communication skills. People who love to lead, teach and help others learn.
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
For more information about the role, please contact James Cooke via e-mail.
Challenged? Please apply via the provided link.