We are looking for a number of Coldstore Operatives at our Liverpool site, covering both day and night shifts and if you have experience with VNA or PPT you will fit right in, don’t panic if not, we have the ability to train on both of these.
DFDS provide the opportunity to people with drive, passion and ambition continuous professional improvement.
The earning potential for this role could be £20,155 - £21,216 with enhancement for night shifts
You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Duties will also include..
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with MHE.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage location
- Keeping a record of the stock on the warehouse management system
- Operating MHE relevant to the product profile
- Processing orders using a hand-held scanner
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine.
- With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential.
- Case picking of customers’ orders.
- Completing Food Safety checks at all stages through the warehouse processes
- Any other reasonable duties
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW